Job Title: Grant Finance Specialist
Location: Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland, Wisconsin
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund | Full-Time | Limited Term Employment | Grant Funded Through May 12, 2023
Salary Expectation: Non Exempt – $16.83 per hour (minimum)Recommend this opportunity Download or Print Detailed Employment Opportunity
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Grant Finance Specialist is a full-time limited term employment grant funded position responsible for monitoring and tracking all information related to the HEERF grants, student emergency grants award process, and the institutional portion of the grants. Provide an exceptional customer service experience to both internal and external customers throughout every interaction. Other duties as assigned.
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures related to the HEERF awards to ensure compliance with the financial and record-keeping requirements.
• Review HEERF grant guidelines, FAQs, and other guidance published by the Department of Education (DOE) to ensure the college is in compliance.
• Establish and maintain grant tracking reports. Track grant award balance, expenditure approvals, encumbrances and actual spend.
• Reconcile grant award tracking to the general ledger.
• Complete an internal audit of grant expenditure records to ensure all documentation is complete and that the grant procedures were followed.
• Assist grants accountant with preparation and submission of grant claims and grant budget revisions as necessary.
• Work with the grants office and grants accountant to gather information for reporting, review information for accuracy, and document the reporting updates.
Student Emergency Grant Award Process
• Act as lead for the student emergency grant award process team. Assist with determining the criteria for awarding the funds.
• Work with student billing manager on process for awards.
• Review awards for accuracy
• Complete internal audit of award applications, award amounts, student account processing.
• Monitor student approvals for applying awards to an existing account balance.
Grants - Institutional Portion
• Act as lead for the institutional portion of the grant.
• Work with college leadership and management to determine how the grant award will be expended.
• Review purchase orders and invoices for accurate details and accounting string.
• Provide updates on the award balance to leadership.
• Monitor vendors for debarment on the SAM website.
• Assist Student Billing in documenting awards and/or discharges, as needed.
Beginning: August 23, 2021
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.