Job Title: Financial Aid Specialist
Responsible for performing specialized work in Financial Aid with an emphasis on accurate awards. Serve as backup for veterans benefits.
· Possess and disseminate basic financial literacy skills to students.
· Reconcile direct loan and other financial aid accounts with government agencies; resolve problems such as overpayments, and incorrect disbursements.
· Assist in carrying out federal regulations concerning campus-based, federal, state, and institutional aid programs (which includes providing information and informing customers about the amount of aid available), and work with Title IV auditors.
· Use advanced MS Excel skills to manipulate data and produce reports to streamline otherwise manual processes used to ensure federal and state compliancy.
· Develop, test, and implement reports and procedures for interdepartmental processes as necessary to maintain federal and state compliancy.
· Process federal and state files as necessary for disbursing to student accounts and requesting funds from third parties to receive institutional reimbursement.
· Inform/educate students regarding varying types of veteran’s benefits, both federal and state.
· Collaborate with state and local veteran’s benefits-related agencies for the veteran student’s best interest.
· Assist in providing necessary services to maintain LTC’s “Military-Friendly School” status.
· Serve as the secondary certifying official.
· Responsible for multiple processes and procedures for determining initial and recalculated financial aid and third party funds.
· Participate in internal and external college events.
· Provide Five Star Customer Service throughout every interaction.
· Other duties as assigned.
For more details about this position, please click on the "Download or Print Detailed Employment Opportunity" button above
Beginning: July 23, 2020
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application should be submitted for receipt no later than August 07, 2020